Thursday, August 2, 2007

Emergency Update

So the worst happened and my maternal grandfather died. This is not so much a problem for me as my family. He and I had our differences and he's not in pain anymore. I'm glad for that. Cancer is a fierce competitor, but he was almost as fierce. Almost.

So I had less time than I thought I would to finish the class for Pennsic. We leave tonight at about 2am. We hope to get into Slippery Rock at about 7:30 or 8am so we'll see you Wargoers there. My first prerogative is to get the tent set up and secure. Yes, it's done. Bryan has pictures, but I want to wait until I get back to do a big picture update. I'll show you the whole war. After that, I'll post my 35mm shots that I'm taking with my good SLR camera. I have to have them developed and scanned, so it'll be a week or so before those are up.

For those of you travelling to War soon, drive safely and slowly. Stop to help stranded SCAdians if you see them, even if it's just to call the tow truck or to provide moral support until the tow truck arrives. You may find you just helped the Crown Princess of Such-and-such change her tire and be rewarded for it.
Imbibe safely during War and don't let your drinking eyes get bigger than your stomach.
Treat all ladies (and lords) with respect--remember "no" means "no".
Ask her age if she looks 21 and acts 12, because she's prolly 15.
Wear a rubber.
Look before you leap.
Say no and mean it.
Don't drink anything you cannot identify by smell or trustable person.
Report bad fire handling, fights, or attacks to security and anyone who'll listen.
Volunteer to waterbear, cook, wash dishes, or just give someone in camp a break from their kids for ten minutes while they lay down.

Have fun.

Yours in Service,
Gillian de Chelseye








No comments: