Thursday, August 30, 2007

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

I got the word from Bryan to do something about the multiple sewing machines and the sewing supplies everywhere. There is not a lot of places to put them, and I need to rearrange. I need to sit down and re-arrange my fabric piles. It's time to get my chair back from the fabric that has eaten it. I guess I don't blame him, he's not the sewing type and is tired of seeing it. I can't claim that I disagree with him. I did a lot of work before we left for War.

My new project is to put some simple blackwork on the Tudor chemise on the cuffs and the collar. I've got some simple designs that should look fairly good if I can find some direct documentation for it in a middle-class outfit.

Oh and I meant to mention that even though my previous Pennsic entry sounded like I was whining, I really had a great time and I'm already ready to go back.

Hmmm...I'm thinking of starting my fighting armor soon as well, since I can't go to practice until it goes indoors because of my class. I really like the idea of practicing later in the evenings on Wednesdays.

There's a cider pressing coming up at Odo and Dulcinea's house on the 9th. I'm trying to get Bryan to come since it's not a sanctioned event (so no garb unless you want) and I'd like to see the process. I've done pressing with the antique press my uncle hass, but that was for a demonstration for kids at the farm.

I'd also like some new research books...any recommendations?

That's the word for now, going to see The Simpsons Movie tonight in Williamston, and we're seeing the Rob Zombie "Halloween" this weekend.





No comments: