Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Much to my surprise...a t-tunic!

Well, I thought I had several more hours of work to go on Anne's t-tunic. Surprise, surprise, it's done in under 2 hours and just needs hemming and the collar finished. And that's hand work anyway. I might use a contrasting seam binding for the collar. Pretty it up.

So, here it is, just in time for Pennsic. (And that means I can cut the second kirtle tomorrow at work). The color is a little hard to discern from these pictures, but it's a sort of jade/grey green. Great little dyeing mistake that turned out well. I guess it could look teal in the right light, but it seems like jade green to me.





For you Authenticity Buffs out there, here's what I usually base this pattern on:

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~Marc-Carlson/cloth/type5.html


No comments: